As a speaker and consultant, Ken Doctor works with old and new media globally, advising on new sustainable business models of contemporary journalism.
Among the many current topics covered and tailored:
- All-Access and digital circulation models, and the unfolding second generation of them;
- Newer revenue streams including marketing services and content marketing;
- Smart use of emerging technologies;
- The harnessing of vital analytics to drive sales and product development;
- Deciding on and tracking the external relationships news companies must form, including with the GAFA companies — Google, Amazon, Facebook and Apple – as well as the rising mobile aggregators, including Flipboard, Pulse and Zite.
His keynotes and engagements level with his audiences – and find the ways forward with company and industry strategy. They leave audiences, large group or small, both challenged and energized.
“We just had McKinsey,” said one client recently. “ They delivered lots of facts and figures, but you gave us an informed view of the marketplace, what publishers are actually doing that is working or isn’t.”
That sums up a “practical forecasting” approach to the print and broadcast digital transformation. Ken told the industry it was “hitting a wall,” back in 2007. He early on alerted audiences and clients to the value of the tablet in the tablet in the mobile age and laid out why well-deployed paywalls would indeed work, when many others lampooned the notion. Today, he focuses on the nitty-gritty of the new business models – and revenue streams – now being built brick by brick.
The Newsonomics discipline is about fact and metrics, not journalistic religion nor habit, and derives from a trusted access across the legacy and digital news marketplace.
Find out how your audience or company can use Newsonomics to your advantage, using use the form below: